I've been basking in the incredible joys of spring these past few days. It's finally been both warm and sunny so we've been able to really enjoy our back yard. And as with every year, I forget how astonishingly colorful the whole scene is, like Dorothy stepping out of the house that just landed in OZ.
The blessings of the week...
- lilacs bursting into bloom, dispensing their heady fragrance
- roly-polys, spiders, and flies doing their bug thing
- the sound of lawn mowers buzzing around the neighborhood
- smells of flowers, warm soil, fresh-cut grass
- gaudy splashes of pure flower color everywhere
- dirt under your fingernails you can't get clean
- a puppy crazy with spring excitement
- flip-flops and bare feet (too sensitive from a winter entombed)
- first sunburns
- first BBQ's, picnic lunches
- dinner on the patio to soak it all in
- green, green, green, green
- happy, happy, happy birds
- the end of school and schedule pressure, the prospect of lazy, free days stretching ahead like a golden beach
Sigh. What a gracious reprieve and gift after the long, gray months indoors. Thank You, Lord of All. We'll see if this year I can get all the projects done this season inspires!