This 'n that
It feels good to back to our routine! I guess we all function better that way around here. The weather is mild enough to be out and walking regularly with sunshine to lift the winter doldrums.
School this week looks like this...
- The waning years of the Roman Empire, the invasion of the Huns (we're using both the Usborne Encyclopedia of History and the Kingfisher History Encylopedia--they compliment each other very well)
- Very interesting read-aloud on St. Patrick called "Flame Over Tara," excellent description of early life and Christianity in Ireland (I don't think I'll ever view St. Patrick's Day quite the same)
- Planet study and Moody videos on our galaxy and space
- Newspaper journalism/analysis and writing practice
- Oral presentation prep for our support group class on (I can't give away the topic lest any class participants might be reading this!)
Not to mention...SweetPea's practice and rehearsal for a special spring piano concert on Baroque music, the set-up of the latest of our animal menagerie--a hermit crab, and the start-up of her first little business--jewelry-making. We have a friend who runs a homeschool bookstore who sells cottage crafts and is willing to see SP's stuff. (I think I can count it as economic study, right??)
I'm having fun experimenting with my new pressure cooker, although I think I can safely say "timing is everything." Did you know that by overcooking meat it actually gets dried out?! But if you keep on cooking it it finally falls apart and gets tender. ha! Who would have thought? Sounds like some kind of a safety net to me. But I have had a couple of good successes so I press on with the pressure! (Bad joke.)
Have a great week!
Well, I thought it was a good joke! *giggles*ReplyDelete
You guys are reading Flame Over Tara? Oh, I loved that book!! You guys are just going to love it, if you don't love it already!
SP is starting her own business! That is so cool! That makes me want to try starting my own business - I've entertained notions of doing so for years, but I've never acted upon them! Maybe I should try it out!
I love hermet crabs! I guess I will have to come over and see yours! *grin*
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to have you as a friend :)ReplyDelete
The photo on your blog header looks so inviting! I'd love to sit out there with a cup of tea and visit!
We are down in CS and boy is it chilly today. Mostly, I'm sitting by the fireplace today while hubby watches the playoffs--or something like that! (sports illiterate that I am.)
Come back and visit and tell me more about yourself, or you could use the message 'thingy" for that. I look forward to hearing from you sometime!